Friday, October 13, 2017

Step by Step with Yvette!




Hi My Creative Scrapbook fans!  It's Yvette here with you today, sharing a step by step tutorial using this month's October Main kit!

The main kit this month features the gorgeous Jillibean Soup Farmhouse Stew Collection and I just couldn't resist creating a page with lots of flowers!     


First I selected the two patterned papers I wanted to use for my flowers and then pick a third to use for the center.   


Next, using a pencil I drew a bunch of petals and then cut each one out with a small scissors...this took me a little while to do :)))

    
To create the middle of my flowers I used the Reinforce Hole Punch from We R Memory Keepers, this went much faster than the petals. 

    
At this point I started playing around with the placement of the flowers, once I was happy with the arrangement I glued in place. 


Now, you cannot have a page of flowers without adding a few butterflies and this kit just happen to have these adorable small wood veneers butterflies from Jillibean Soup! 

I pierced holds in a few places around my layout to create a swirls design and just stitched with beige colored thread, I love the extra texture this added.   



Next, I added the wood veneers butterflies and using a few of the decorative brads (also in this month's main kit) to add extra dimension to the center of the flowers.  


I keep the embellishments to a minimum so as not to overload the page, and love how beautiful this page turn out!  


I hope you felt inspired today and if you're not a subscriber yet, give it a try. The kits are all so beautiful and you will not regret it!!!!

Thanks for stopping by :) xx Yvette 





No comments: